Christmas for Kids is coming up on Saturday, December 6th from 9am-12pm. It will be like a 1 day VBS where children can come and enjoy Christmas crafts, snacks, games, decorating cookies and learning about the Christmas story while parents get Christmas shopping done.
We're looking for help to acculumate the supplies we'll need, as well as volunteers to help that day.
Items to donate:
- Ziploc bags
- Popsicle sticks
- Tissue paper
- Salt dough ingredients (flour, salt, oil)
- Snow dough ingredients (toilet paper and Ivory soap)
- Christmas cookies (ready to decorate)
- Other cookie decorations (sprinkles, candies, etc.)
- Cheap prizes for Christmas Bingo
- Trail mix supplies (Bugles, pretzels, goldfish, raisins, M&Ms, sunflower seeds, Hershey’s Kisses)
*A more definitive estimation of amounts needed, as well as a sign-up sheet, will be available closer to December 6th.
How you can help:
- Lesson leader (tell the Christmas story)
- Craft leaders (salt dough handprints, tissue paper silhouettes, popsicle stick crafts)
- Snack supervisor (set out placemats and trail mix ingredients, supervise making of trail mix)
- Christmas cookie decorators (set out cookies, frosting, decorations; help decorate/crowd control)
- Greeters (greet parents & children, hand out name tags)
- Sensory/outdoor supervisors (watch younger kids playing with playdough, older kids playing outside in snow)
- Song leader
- Clean-up crew
If you are interested in helping in any of these ways, please talk to Cara Ewings or Rachel Wendland for more information!