We have a busy work day planned for Saturday, August 22nd, 9am-4pm. Your help is needed if even for a short while. Lunch will be provided.
Tasks to be accomplished this Saturday:
· We will have a cement mixer on-site and will be pouring concrete at our new “Sports Court” to fill in the holes left from the parsonage demolition. This will require volunteers to run wheelbarrows, help shovel concrete and for cleanup.
· We will be filling in the holes in the Sports Court foundation walls where the parsonage windows were. We will have the concrete blocks there, we will just need volunteers to lift them into place and set with mortar.
· We are going to be constructing a plywood cap that goes around the Sports Court. We will have the materials on-site to put this together. Volunteers will be needed for sawing, cutting and assembling.
· We need to remove all of the foliage at the rear part of the preschool playground so the teacher has line of sight with the kids. This will required volunteers to clear the brush and haul away.
· We will be installing a temporary fence in the preschool playground to keep the children out of the recently hydroseeded areas. Volunteers will be needed to set new fence posts and install the temporary fencing.
· If you can’t attend, please consider helping with a special donation to help offset the costs of the materials. We plan to purchase some new basketball hoops and posts once we have the court completed.